Nic Wise is grey haired software developer from New Zealand, living in London, UK. He is a freelance contractor, and has worked at BBC Worldwide on a redevelopment of the Top Gear website and a redevelopment of the bbc.co.uk homepage. He’s currently at Universal Music, working in various artist-related websites.
He has worked on many projects over his 15+ years in the industry, including point-of-sale systems, warehouse management systems, web-based applications, hand-held mobile applications, enterprise messaging applications, high volume web sites and most things in between. Previous employers include:
- Glazier Systems Auckland (now Intergen)
- Borland New Zealand
- Orbiz International
- Quest Software.
- BBC Worldwide
- The Prince’s Charities (Start)
- Universal Music
He was a Microsoft MVP from 2003 thru 2007, with a specialty in the .NET field, and holds a BTech(IT) from the University of Auckland and MCP qualifications in SQL Server and ASP.NET.
Nic has experience in a wide range of areas, including:
- Application design and architecture
- .NET development (web, windows forms, services etc)
- Mobile development – web and iOS (MonoTouch)
- Agile processes(Scrum, XP)
- Object-Relational Mapping (NHibernate)
- Sound development practices – Continuous Integration; Source Control; Automation, XP/Scrum